Appian is the unified platform for change. It accelerates customers’ businesses by discovering, designing, and automating their most important processes.
The Appian Low-Code Platform combines the key capabilities needed to get work done faster, Process Mining + Workflow + Automation, in a unified low-code platform. Industry leaders trust Appian's open, enterprise-grade technology.
What is Appian?
Appian is the process automation platform that thousands of the world's most innovative companies rely on to accelerate business processes. Its award winning platform empowers organizations to discover and design end-to-end processes that seamlessly connect with existing applications and infrastructure, as well as automate mission-critical tasks at the click of a button.
How Does It Work?
The Appian Platform empowers business analysts to configure end-to-end business processes without code using an intuitive visual interface which mimics a spreadsheet or form. Processes can be modeled from point-and-click graphical diagrams in a fraction of the time it takes to create them using traditional development tools. Once designed, the processes are deployed to Appian's customizable cloud environment for execution across the organization's existing systems and infrastructure. Apps built on the Appian Platform can automatically orchestrate the execution of workflow processes in response to events, such as the arrival of a new document in a folder, or the clicking of a button on a web form.
- Enterprise Grade
- A managed private multi-tenanted cloud environment built for scale and reliability
- Hybrid Architecture
- Deliver software that runs on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment
- Flexible Deployment Options
- Deploy locally with a downloaded client, or as a SaaS offering using the Appian Platform Service or Appian OnDemand offering
- Intuitive Interface
- Model process flows with no coding required. Use out-of-the-box connectors to integrate with nearly any system or application
- Rapid Adoption
- Accelerate the time to value across your enterprise by using our integrated set of tools for user training, documentation and professional services.
vThink’s experience on Appian
We have supported 2 major platforms RISE and SNAP which were built out of Appian for a client in the US on the hospitality services domain.
RISE | Reservations Instant Service Engine - A client Reservations tool
- Customers can book their travel through customer call center in addition to online channels such as the private customer hub, a company's TMC platform
- Orders through the call center are fulfilled telephonically and through messaging technologies (i.e., email)
- Platform used by internal agents to book reservations across Europe and the U.S.
- Internal agents enables the customer to provide a personalized level of customer service required
- Unique, proprietary reservation platform to support multiple accommodation types through Six Ways to StayTM
Simplified Networked Apartment Platform (SNAP) - A property management platform
- Content management: enables management of property information, amenities and imagery
- Availability management: enables management of real-time availability of accommodations
- Rate management: enables management of real-time rates
- Reservation management: enables management of real-time reservations and cancellations
- Background checks: Integrates with TransUnion to provide real-time background checks for guests, typically used in multi-family accommodations
- Assists partners throughout the process of managing accommodations.